Friday, June 8, 2007

La Boca

One of the older parts of the city - often seen on the covers of guidebooks and in post cards. La Boca is famous for the brightly painted corrugated tin houses. But is that really La Boca, or are these houses just a preserved way of a life that once was to bring in tourists to an otherwise unattractive and dangerous part of town? I don't know. we weren't there long enough to find out, but in my opinion we were there long enough to see La Boca. A short strip of of street with brightly painted buildings, all housing stores or restaurants. A visit to the museum, and on the bus because it was getting dark and a feeling of danger began to be felt - real or imagined, I don't know, but I don't know that La Boca is a place I'd want to spend a whole lot of time.

No comments: