Sunday, December 7, 2008

Buzios




This was by far my favorite restaurant in Buzios. Hernan laughed at me that I wanted to return here again and again, but for me, after a few bad choices, I preferred to go with a safe bet. It was located right on Joao Fernandes beach, which could be a totally chaotic scene at times with lots of people sitting on the small patch of sand and vendors and people bouncing balls around and kids screaming, etc. But this restaurant which was really just a shack right on the beach, felt like an escape and the food was great. We had shrimp provencal twice, and the last day had this seafood stew. The waiter was great and they had a bottle of oil with dried chili peppers that they soaked for a month as a seasoning. I liked that from inside the restaurant you could see right out to all of the activity on the beach and yet be isolated from it. Even though it was a shack that had no doors, there were windows that made it feel like a seafood restaurant. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. I am going to try to make the shrimp we had there.

No comments: